Sunday, July 30, 2017

This is mine from Eau Claire Chalkfest

I went with moths.  One is an Io moth, one is a Polyphemus, the other is a Cecropia silk moth.  They are all native to WI.  From the picture I saw they do actually look quite big, about hand size.  Early in the day I had some jerks.  It kind of seemed like I could tell the difference between day shift oriented people and more night shift people.  Little kids unanimously thought they were butterflys, and they tend to be more day shift people.  Later in the afternoon people got nicer and more people were figuring out they were moths.  The things that made it all worth while for me were an old woman who stopped and said she liked my moths, and she wanted to know where I was from.  I told her La Crosse, and she thanked me for coming all that way to draw.  Another guy stopped and said something latinish at me, I said huh, he said the polyphemuspolyphemus.  He was givinge the scientific name.  The third guy told me that anyone else would do butterflys, and he said kudos for going off the deep end and doing moths.

No comments:

Post a Comment